Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The best money ever spent.


I'm kind of reluctant to buy something when everyone has it because trends are usually just that - trends. But there have been times I've given in & it's been a really good decision, like the time I gave in to Uggs and most recently, like the time I gave in to a Clarisonic.


The Clarisonic has been a thing for awhile now, I think my brother's girlfriend had one like two years ago, but it's kind of pricey at over $100 and a face washer just wasn't something I wanted to drop a Franklin on, if you know what I'm sayin'.

But then my skin got bad.

I switched from the pill to the Mirena and apparently that little thing doesn't help with acne like the pill does because holy pepperoni face. I know, nice visual, right? I mean actually, it probably wasn't that bad, but for someone who had never really had acne before, it was BAD. And yes, before you ask, I'm sure the change in my face wasn't caused by a lack of sleep & terrible eating habits, obviously.

One day, faces & acne came up as a topic of conversation with one of my friends and she said, she too had been struggling with it & her dermatologist friend said to try the Clarisonic before trying anything else. Well, I had already been wanting one but that just sold me. I put that baby on my Christmas list. It was the one thing I wanted.

And when I saw the perfect square box under the tree wrapped in red with a zebra bow on it, I knew Santa had delivered.

I got the Clarisonic Mia and let me just tell you, it was the best gift ever.

Within four days, my face was cleared up and now my skin looks better than it has in a really long time and it feels amazing. I can't stop touching it. Which is really bad for it, I know, but it's just so.smooth.

When I was home last weekend, my mom asked to use my Clarisonic & this weekend when I was home, she told me she has two little pimples on her forehead that are just always there; they aren't red or obnoxious, just little bumps. But after just that one time of using my Clarisonic, they were almost gone.

And just in case you were wondering, I use a plain ole $7 daily face wash from CVS with it.

I'm telling you, it sucks to spend $100 on something to wash your face with but the Clarisonic will be one of the best decisions you've ever made. When your skin looks good, you feel better overall.

This morning, makeup-less.

2 comments:

Janna said...

I am so glad to read this post!! I pre-ordered mine this past week and will be picking it up on Saturday. Lancome had a special deal that included an extra brush head and carrying case for this weekend! Now I'm excited to pick it up!

She's a big star said...

I've been thinking about buying one of these for the longest time... eeekkk, I think this post just helped me make up my mind!