Monday, February 25, 2013

Just do it (guy edition)

I don't claim to have it all figured out (okay, maybe sometimes I do but I know I don't) but if there's one thing I know for sure it's that when a guy does something really out of the ordinary, nice for his girl, he's gonna get rewarded in whatever way that might be. (this is me removing your head from the gutter right now)

So this post is for the guys. And for the girls who are going to shake their heads and say uhhh-huh.

Alright guys, listen. I know you don't want to spend $15.00 of your hard earned money on flowers. I know that. Really, I probably wouldn't want to either. Okay, I definitely wouldn't. But the thing is, when you're paying $15.00 for the flowers, you're actually paying for a lot more than the flowers; you're going to get a lot more than the flowers.

Because this is how a girl's mind works ... or at least how mine works & I don't think I'm alone 

She gets her flowers & what does that tell her? Not that you just picked them up at the local grocery store because you were already there buying beer, but that you went out of your way to do something nice for her because you were thinking of her and because her happiness is important to you.

You've made her day.

And usually? that's good news for you.

Usually, it means your favorite dinner. It means extra kisses & probably means she doesn't even complain when you watch Sports Center for the 100th hour this week and I bet, she'll even wake up the next day appreciative and feeling happy about how much you care about her.

Guy's brains are black & white - what you see is what it is - girls brains? Not so much. She thinks about everything and even adds things that probably aren't true (yeah, this is why so many arguments happen, but we will discuss that later)

So yeah guys, I know it sucks to spend money on something that's just going to die or to go to a movie you really don't want to see but I'm telling you the benefit will way, way outdo the cost.

So just do it. 

Go out of your way today to make a little extra effort & show your lady she means something to you & that you care. 

You won't be disappointed. 
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my mind was in the gutter the entire time. i am so guilty, but you are so right.