Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Changing My Perspective


This summer has been full of extreme highs and extreme lows - mountains and valleys. There have been a few times when I've found myself just even keel but it hasn't been often. And my blogging has suffered because of it. My attitude has suffered because of it.

I haven't been blogging as regulary because I'm either on a mountain, like I was in NYC, and I'm blogging all the time, or I'm in a valley and I don't have anything to say that people would want to read.

However, I'm deciding to change my perspective a little. I'm deciding to change it on purpose. Yes, things might be difficult and sometimes, they're really hard and there's no denying it. But someone posted a video of some Hatian kids singing, "Jesus Loves Me", from when they were on a mission trip and it reminded me of going to Jamaica and the kids there. It reminded me that those kids, who had nothing at all to call their own, were so happy, were jubiliant even, and it reminded me that if they can do it, so can I.

So today, I'm plastering a smile on my face and saying over and over again, "good things are ahead" and "you can do this, your world is not ending" because there are good things ahead and my world isn't ending - changing maybe, but not ending.

I've got a fun weekend ahead and I don't plan on letting any of the things going on at home stop me from having fun or dull the excitement. Things will be okay & life will be good ... it'll be really good.

Have you ever had to change your perspective on purpose? Work to change your attitude even when it was really hard? What's your best advice?

No comments: