Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Blurbs

1. This weekend was Butler's Dance Marathon. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who made it possible for me to raise $160!! I was pleasantly surprised at how many people donated to me & ultimately, the cause. Butler raised $102,877.20 for the kids at Riley Hospital in Indianapolis. They deserve it!!

2. I didn't actually attend Dance Marathon. I hope no one is too disappointed about it - your money still went to a great cause.

3. I didn't go to Dance Marathon because I lost one of my brand new tennis shoes. Yes, BRAND NEW. Like, only worn in the snow once. And yes, ONE. I think it has got to be in my room somewhere (living with someone else who also has a ton of stuff makes this more possible than you might believe). But anyway, I love those shoes, they were the most expensive ones I've ever gotten, my dad just bought them for me and I had a break down. I called my mom bawling that I couldn't find the shoe and I just needed to come home. So I did. Within 20 minutes, I had my bags packed & was on the interstate headed home. Sometimes we have weekends like those.

4. I couldn't have made a better decision.

5. My good friend Erica, who's in the Net, came over right away. We did what any distressed girl would do .... went shopping. and ... AND .... I got a Northface coat, not a fleece, coat ...originally $199 for $90!!! & It's beautiful. My mood perked right up. Funny how that happens.

6. Reluctantly, I went to my dad's house for dinner. His girlfriend was there & usually I won't go when she's there, but he was so persistent, I went. I'm really glad I did. It was actually awesome. Of course, the girlfriend has the brain the size of a pea and she's 75 times less pretty than my mom, but she was on her best, unintelligent, behavior & I spent some great time with my dad. We even walked over to the movie store after dinner & rented one.

7. We rented "The Other Guys" .... awful. Seriously, don't even waste your time.

8. I slept with my momma in her bed. I do that often. Is that weird? Because I'm pretty sure when I'm married with kids and I've had a stressful day, there are still times I'll call & ask if I can curl up in her bed with her.

9. I slept like a baby.

10. We got up & met her friend at Starbucks. & I'm blogging.

11 & Last. I'm so thankful that I have this home that I know I can come to anytime I want or need. This weekend rocks & it wasn't even planned.

1 comment:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I thought 'The Other Guys' was awful, too!!! Seriously not worth the money or time!