Monday, May 20, 2013

Drew.


When you've been dating as long as Drew & I have, nearly eight years, it's pretty common that you've gone through some shit.

I mean eight years, from thirteen to twenty-one is a long time & those years are difficult time for even just a single person.

Think about yourself from thirteen to twenty-one and how you changed and the stupid things you did - I'm sure there were a lot of them. And now imagine trying to be in a relationship for all those years. Imagine trying to pay attention to another person's needs during all those years.

It hasn't been easy, that's for sure. Actually, at times, its been really freakin' hard. We've both tried to figure out ourselves while holding on to each other and frankly, 'aint nothin' about that easy.

But we've done it & I'm proud of that.

And what I'm really proud of is him.

Every single day, I'm excited for the things he's doing. Every day I'm excited for him figuring out where his priorities lie and for making things happen for himself professionally. Every day I'm thankful that he's finally putting me at the top of his priority list & that I finally feel like we're in a mutually beneficial relationship & that we are respectful of each other.

I'll admit, many of the nearly 3,000 days Drew & I have been together were days I questioned whether this one would ever come. I wondered if I would ever see a mature, consistent, responsible, respectful Drew but finally, I'm seeing it & it's so awesome to watch.

I'm so glad I get to be the one to experience this day with him.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Ragan said...

your words are so true - 8 years is a long time to be with someone. But yes, if you stick with it and love them through it all then it is totally worth it in the end. Congratulations you guys :)