Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Beach ... a few words & a lot of pictures

I've said it before & I'll say it again (and again and again and again) ... our beach trip is pure bliss. 

We do whatever we want whether it be lay in the tide pools on a boogie board ...


or walk on the beach all day.


It's the one time of year we get to see our huge family in the carolinas ...


 ... which is never complete without a trip to Myrtle Beach to see my cousin Matt perform ...


& for one week a year, we get to savor the south. Which usually includes dancing.



we're on the beach from the time the sun comes up until we have to go to dinner.




& no beach trip is finished without the annual family birthday party where we celebrate everyone's all the summer birthdays for the year. I'm petitioning for it to be a celebration of everyone's birthday. We never celebrate MINE!

The mexican fiesta themed party included a pinata & the neighbors thought it was hilarious. You can see them over there watching if you look close enough.

This was the first year ever the family birthday party included drinking. Margaritas to be exact. And my older cousin & brother weren't there to partake - my aunt Wendy had to text them & tell them they were missing out!


But my brother didn't totally miss out. He joined us on Skype. Love how that works.




My cousin Aubree stayed behind the blender all night. A fabulous Margarita maker she is.


The beach is the perfect place to do some photography practice if you ask me. So I did ... A little photo shoot with my cousin and her fiance. 

 A bad picture gone good.




Everyone is just happier at the beach.






Life just moves a little slower & I like it that way.









Some days, I stayed out until the sun went down just because I could & because the light is so perfect then. I wasn't sure if a picture would do it justice but I think it did ...



I'm pretty sure there's nothing better than a week at the beach doing only the things you want with only the people you love ....






You better believe I'm carrying on this tradition forever & I think that's something my cousins & I can all agree upon.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Everyone is happier and life is a little (scratch that...a lot) better at the beach.