Thursday, May 17, 2012

What makes someone Extraordinary?


Our pastor showed this video during the sermon on Sunday and it really made a big difference to me.

 One of my friends, one of the nicest guys in the entire world, was diagnosed with Leukemia this month & after I finished visiting with him one night last week, I was really questioning God.

I mean how could someone so good be given something so hard to deal with. How could someone who says, "Well, I've always prayed that God would use me a tool in his garden and if I can change just one person's life through this, it's good," be given such a tough thing to overcome? Why would he, the sweetest, most helpful, least judgmental person ever, be forced to be so sick, to lose his hair, to not be able to do the things he wants to do?

It really just didn't add up to me.

But this video made it all so clear. Funny how that works isn't it? Sometimes the sermon just speaks right to you. 

John 9:1-5: As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" [Jesus Speaking] "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me, Night is coming when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

I know we all see things like this all the time. Children who are suffering, good people who are struggling & we wonder why. So I hope that this video will touch you some way & help you understand that God does have a plan & his plan is always good.





Photobucket

No comments: