I was tagged by one of my favorite blogger turned IRL friends (well I guess we haven't actually met but we text & stuff so that counts for something) Amanda from Chasing Twins at Louboutins to play this little game, "11 things".
So first of all, here are the rules:
1. post these rules.
2. post a photo of yourself & 11 random facts about you.
3. answer the questions given to you in the tagger's post.
4. create 11 new questions & tag new people to answer them.
5. go to their blog/twitter & let them know they've been tagged.
I don't promise to know a lot about photography, but I do know where I look best in the light. And I had just finished getting ready. And I'm making a posey face. I don't look like this all the time.
and now ... 11 facts ...
1. I really don't like birds. I don't know when this fear started or where it came from but I just don't like them. They're gross and scary and no. just no.
2. Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal of the day. Banana pancakes for the win!
3. I weighed 175 lbs. in 6th grade and finally got fed up with being "the fat girl" and took matters into my own hands. By 8th grade I weighed 130 lbs. and had the hottest kid in the school for a boyfriend ... Drew. Now, I'm on the heavier end of things but I will always be proud of that 45 lb weight loss from 12-14 which I did very healthily.
4. My nana was my favorite person in my life second to my mom. She passed away 5 years ago last August and I still miss her every single day. I think I always will.
5. I've never met a cookie I didn't like
6. Or a stranger I wouldn't talk to. Kind of scary, actually.
7. I'm happier when I'm busy. When I get too much downtime that leaves too much time to think & for a girl like me, that's a bad thing.
8. If I could live on the beach, I definitely would. I think I'm solar powered. My body thrives off sunshine.
9. I have two holes in one of my ears. Like, an extra one. No one can see it until I tell them & then they're enthralled. Obviously, I've never seen it, but I wish I could!
10. I was born over a month early and weighed in at a measly four pounds. Doctors told my mom I'd always be slow and small. I can just hear the lyrics in my head, "look at me now ... look at me now".
11. I wear my heart on my sleeve and I worry about everything. It's good sometimes - because I'm pretty nice to most people but it screws me over a lot like when I care too much.
& now for my answers to Amanda's questions ...
1. Why did you start blogging: I was reading a couple blogs all the time & I thought it would be fun to start my own. I used to love scrapbooking but blogging has taken the place of that now. A digital scrapbook, I guess.
2. Salty or Sweet? And what is your favorite: Every once in a while I'll crave salty things and start sucking the salt right off nacho chips but mostly, I'm a sugar kind of girl.
3. Do you read other blogs?: Of course!! It's why I started blogging, anyway.
4. What is the best thing about your significant other/husband? I'll answer this question for Drew & say the best thing about him is that he's never too serious & pretty much always happy. (unless he doesn't get his way. Sorry Drew! It's true!!)
5.What is your weakness when it comes to shopping?: Uhhhh can I say anything shiny and out of my price range? Besides that ... I'd say my new weakness is shoes. I'm loving shoes right now.
6. Favorite song right now: The Motto. I know. It's pretty disgusting. But right now I'm liking it.
7. Favorite childhood memory: We went to my Nan's house for breakfast every morning before school when I was little. I loved seeing her and the food was always delicious. It was whatever I wanted every morning!
8. Where did you grow up. If you are far from it now, do you miss it?: I go to Butler which is exactly one hour from my driveway. I do miss it when I'm not home and feel so happy when I pull onto my street but we've never moved so it's just what I know.
9. Are you where you thought/hoped you would be in your life right now?: Honestly, I would probably be in a sorority. I don't mention it often but I do feel like I'm kind of missing out.
10. Do you miss your college experience. Were you into lots of activities there?: Well I'm still here and it's hard to say how I'll feel when I'm not but if I had to guess I think I will probably miss the freedom and free time but I will like having my own place and not feeling like people think I'm a loser if I'm not always doing something fun or if I want to go to bed before 11. I'm going to Jamaica on spring break with the YMCA and Butler, I work on The Butler Collegian & I also volunteer. I'd say I'm moderately involved compared to most.
11. Would you change your wedding dress choice now?: Haven't picked on yet or had the need to but I can't wait for the day I do!
& my questions ...
1. Flats or heels? Which do you prefer?
2. What's your favorite accessory to jazz up an outfit?
3. What has been your all time favorite vacation?
4. What's your favorite way to de-stress?
5. If you had a Saturday to do anything & a limitless budget to do those things, what would you do?
6. What's your favorite drink? Virgin & Alcoholic.
7. What's your biggest fear?
8. If you could have one re-do in life, what would it be?
9. Sweet or Sour?
10. If you could have one plastic surgery procedure done, what would it be?
Let me know if you decide to answer, girls!