For some reason, I woke up feeling just freakin' fabulous this morning.
Personally, I think it's because Ashley & I rented Shrek last night & that movie is so freakin funny. I mean really, if you need some good, clean laughs Shrek is your movie.
I had another post planned for today, but it's a little harsh so I decided that when life gives ya Lemonade, you should drink it.
I'm drinking it.
In the spirit of all this happiness over no thing in particular, I'm remembering Kelle Hampton's recent post about Thanksgiving & being thankful.
She said that being thankful isn't saying thank you for gifts or sending thank you cards, although those things are important. Being thankful is realizing the little gifts that are present in every single day, the ones that just come naturally.
I truly believe being thankful makes me a happier person. Actually, focusing on what we have instead of what we don't makes us all happier people.
So just because, I'm going to make a list of the little things I'm happy for today:
- A really fabulous roommate. I haven't written much about her because I don't want to jinx it but seriously? She is perfect.
- The opportunity to meet a lady in Starbucks yesterday who could have some really awesome internship possibilities for me.
- Putting on my down North Face coat which I had pretty much thrown the towel in on because it had a huge stain on it only to realize that stain is gone. I had taken it to the dry cleaner and it was still there. It's weird, but I searched for it & I promise, it's gone.
- A hard, hard workout last night. I'm talking the Stairmaster, baby.
- A good, long night of sleep
- Babysitting a new family tonight. I'm pretty sure it's 4 girls under 4. I love chaos!
- The sun & warm temperatures we're having in Indy today
- All my great friends like you :)
So there's my list of things I'm thankful for today, the little things. Of course, I could make a list of things that upset me yesterday or things that I want but I'm choosing to focus on what I do have today instead of what I don't.
Spread the love, be a source of cheer today.