Friday, June 10, 2011

Sad Day

My 2 bestest friends from Butler came to visit me last night! We went to a little hole-in-the-wall mexican restaurant that everyone in town loves & which people wait outside for until it opens since it doesn't open until 5. I took them to Zaharako's, an ice cream parlor downtown that was opened for the first time in late 1800 or early 1900 but was just refurbished & then we went to the outlets. It was the perfect evening that begged for today when we would go to the lake & jet ski & boat.

Except, while we were shopping, I got that feeling. You know, that feeling that's a sore throat and achy bones, a miserable feeling. I tried to brush it off. I faked like I was okay even though I couldn't stop saying that my throat hurt. But then when we got home, I started to feel worse. I didn't even want to sit up to watch while we Hulu'd The Bachelorette. Around 11 o' clock, I bought a movie for them from On Demand & apologized; there was no way I could stay awake anymore.

I slept on the floor while they slept on the couches & I woke up at 3 am writhing in misery. I do that when I'm sick or in pain without even knowing it - I make a figure 8 with my hips - I guess to get my mind off of it subconsciously.

I was cold & uncomfortable so I went & got in bed with my mom. Yeah, I'll admit it, I'm not too old.

At 5:30, her alarm went off & I've been awake ever since. She brought me some tylenol so right now I feel ok, except I really don't want to talk because my throat hurts but I think the lake & jet skiing is out.

I feel so bad because J & E drove a few hours to come see me & now I'm sick. They're still asleep & I'm just trying to decide what I'm going to do when they wake up. UGH. So disappointing.

I can only imagine all of this sickness is from my first week of working at the daycare.

Kids are seriously so gross. Poop, spit up, snot, oh my!

I promise to start taking a multivitamin & eating more fruits & veggies to assure my body is getting the nutrients it needs. It appears my immune system is going to need all the help it can get.

Until then, I'll just be laying in bed.


Photobucket

No comments: