Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Funny The Way It Is ....

It's a summer tradition. It means the hottest days of the summer followed by the most fun nights. It means lots of singing and dancing until the wee hours. It means trips to The Waffle House at 3 a.m. on the way home and it means longing for the next one as soon as the encore ends. It's a Dave Matthews Band Concert.


I'll be the first to admit that Dave isn't always blasting out of my itunes & I sometimes even go weeks without listening to his music ::gasp:: but his concerts are one of my most favorite summer events.

& my friends? total freakin' Dave heads. Planning for the 2-day concert always starts months in advance.  It's a serious event. Someone coordinates the money, a different person figures out the food & yet another person works on the campsite. 

Everyone pitches in a rather large sum each & they all stay at the campsite the night before the concert & then both nights of. 

I've never done it because I'm a bit of a Diva I like my bed & a shower, but they love it. 

Drew is one of the biggest Dave heads of all. You should've seen the fury that came out of that boy the summer we were broken up & I got handed front row seats. Sorry Charlie! But for real, some of my best memories with him have been made at the concerts. We went to 2 together last summer, but I think he went to like 6 between May & September last year.

My first DMB concert, 2008.

The year I got front row tickets, 2009.

Cincinnati last summer, 2010.

The last DMB concert Drew went to with his friends was this fall in Chicago at Wrigley Field. It was a huge deal, but as much as I wanted to go, I just couldn't justify spending the money when I had already seen him play twice the same year.

Anyway, the cover for the Live at Wrigley Field album was just released & I kid you not, Drew & our friend Ben are on the cover!! They're teeny tiny way up in the sky, but they're there & that's all that matters.


Ben is on the left, Drew is on the right.


 What an awesome thing for him to have!

I'll be buying a few copies, that's for sure. 
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kenli said...

that's so awesome! a lot of my friends are huge dave-heads, too. i don't think i could justify spending that much money, either. . . unless it was john mayer ;)

Ben Ruch said...

I made the blog!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

This is suppa awesomes f'reals.