Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I TOTALLY FORGOT!


So, two weekends ago, I went on this trip with Drew & his family.

I think his mom suddenly realized that it was the last chance for their family to go on a vacation before he went to college & freaked a little.

So, on Thursday of that week, she started looking for places that we could go for the weekend. Finally, she settled on a lake about an hour from here & Drew and I headed down on Sunday morning

I just realized today that I haven't put up any pictures yet & I have a lot of funny ones!

We had a really fun time. The first day, we rented a pontoon & stayed on the lake all day. We swam, boated & floated. After that day? I took a shower outside!! Literally, I showered in my bathing suit in a hose. Eight people had to take a shower & there was only one shower so I took one outside & loved every minute of it!! We ended the night with some domino playing & marshmellow stuffing.

Oh, but I forgot to tell you about the house!!

HA! Drew & I drove up & luckily, I had seen pictures & been fairly warned, but he had not. I haven't seen the movie, but his parents said it looked like a place out of the movie Deliverance. I dunno, but it looked creepy as hell. Then? walk inside and SERIOUSLY it looked like a forest. Animals EVERYWHERE. It was an adventure for sure & I loved that it wasn't something I was used to.

The second day was not as much fun but I did it!! ... Somehow, we decided that it would be a good idea to go for a 6 mile kayak trip. What. The. Hell. I was seriously questioning my sanity & why I didn't think, "hmmm, 6 miles seems like a long way to kayak." But I didn't, and off we went.

HOLY SHIT.

I don't think I've ever cussed that much & then prayed and asked God to deliver me. This kayak trip was the worst kind of false advertisement I've ever seen. Rapids?? Hell no. There was slow moving water for like 5 ft of every mile but that's it. And, there were no markers on this never ending river so we never knew how far we had gone. Sure we had maps, but they were paper & ruined in the first ten minutes.

Can you tell I'm still bitter about this?

I'm not really bitter but man, mark my words, I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!

I also got terribly car sick on the way home but Drew was amazing & took good care of me.

Our ride home was super fun & I was so thankful for the fun time we spent together & with his family. I was even thankful for the outside shower & the taxidermy lab of a cabin we stayed in!
















No comments: