Sunday, May 9, 2010

Im Suffering from Withdraws.

Blog withdraws that is.
For two weeks my life was so crazy busy I didn't even have time to write. Then, when I finally did, our computer became terribly sick and needs a lot of work to be able to connect to the internet again. Sad. However, I can still connect from my BB and am pleased to say that while helping my mom move her office from one spot to another ... I found this poem and thought it was definitely worthy of sharing:

Dust if you must but wouldn't it be better
To paint a picture or write a letter,
Bake a cake or plant a seed.
Ponder the difference between want and need?

Dust if you must but there's not much time
With rivers to swim and mountains to climb,
Music to hear and books to read,
Friends to cherish and a life to lead.

Dust if you must but the world's out there
With the sun in your eyes, the wind in your hair
A flutter of snow, a shower of rain.
This day will not come around again.

Dust if you must but bear in mind;
Old age will come and its not kind.
And when you go, and go you must,
You, yourself, will make more dust.

... Not sure who wrote this, but whoever it was ... Was very wise.
Happy day!

No comments: