Sunday, December 9, 2012

Lately

So, I haven't been around these parts lately because I've just been so busy with other things but I'm hoping to get back to writing some good stuff over break because I love this little space and the friends I've made here and it's not something I'm willing to let go. That being said, I'm going to leave you with a bulleted list of the recent happenings in my life until I can write something better so here we go ...

  • A 21st birthday party was in order Friday night for one of my good friends, a guy I went to school with from Kindergarten - Senior year. The party included a stripper some girls hired for our friend & a trip to the bars. All in all? total success. total blast.
  • If you've been following me on instagram, you've seen we've had a rough time around here with our pups. The one we've had since I was four passed away last week and we will be putting the other one down on Tuesday. It's really kind of amazing how much you can love an animal, I think. Both girls were/are old but it doesn't make it any easier to lose them. I'm going to miss them so much.
  • Some people down the street from us are selling yellow lab puppies and we might be purchasing one. I brought one home today for my mom to see and she loved her but we have until Tuesday to make the final decision. I bought a little blue sparkly collar at Target tonight hoping it would help with the persuasion process. We'll see. Stay tuned.
  • I'm almost completely done with my Christmas shopping and wrapping. I have to say, I scored some hella deals last night but I'm still sad to see it all be over so quickly. Unfortunately, my money only stretches so far and the shopping has to come to an end at some point.
  • My photography business is really taking off and I'm learning something new almost every single day. I'm having so much fun learning and working with people. I'll tell ya, this whole venture scares me almost every day and almost every day I doubt myself but even more than that? every day I'm thankful I stick with it.
  • I've started working at a boutique close to my school and I'm kind of in love. The boutique has been around for years but was just purchased by a new owner who at the time of purchasing the store, also had a two week old that was her first. So she was a little overwhelmed. Quickly, we've become friends & I've started doing all the boutique's social media. It's a blast, plus the clothes are all adorable. Not sure I'll ever take home a paycheck but at least I won't be losing money. Good way to look at it, huh? Soon we'll be selling merchandise online so you can shop from anywhere.
  • Next week is finals week! My schedule is pretty lax but I do have a big project due Thursday and if I don't start today I'm totally screwed. So I'll probably start Tuesday night. ha! Procrastination at it's finest.
Hopefully I'll be back really soon to write better stuff but until then, maybe this will hold you over. But just in case this isn't enough but there's still hope ... some recent pics for you ...


A good roommate carries the other one home when her feet hurt after a party.

I rocked the ugly Christmas sweater at IU this weekend. Hate to say it but, it was so comfy & cozy, you may catch me wearing this again & not even at a party.

I decided to go Christmas shopping downtown Friday night. Big mistake. Huge. The traffic was absolutely insane and I actually thought I was going to run out of gas in the parking garage. But! I made it & saw this beautiful sight.

One of my jobs as social media coordinator at the boutique is to take pictures of the new shipments & sometimes model them. I don't hate the job. I'm obsessed with this Free People dress and the slip underneath. gimme.

Party girls. me and one of my bests at a party Thursday night.





Photobucket

No comments: