Tuesday, October 16, 2012

City of Angels

The fall break trip I took with my brother to California was a two part trip - part one was San Francisco and part two was Los Angeles with a trip to San Luis Obispo in the middle. Both parts of the trip were amazing in their own ways; San Francisco was a little more quaint and down to earth while Los Angeles was, as you might expect, full of life & materialism.

As with any trip, there were tons of touristy things we could have done in Los Angeles but really, I'm not so much of the touristy type. Sure, I like to see some things that you hear about on tv but I like my vacations to be vacations without the need for a schedule and cramming things in. I never want to come home from a vacation more tired than I left. So, we made our way to Hollywood one night where I got my nose pierced (more on that later), and the rest of the time we spent at the beaches - Santa Monica and Manhattan. It was exactly what I wanted out of the trip - the perfect amount of go mixed with relaxation.

This trip with my brother was one of the best things I've ever done. If you have a sibling who you maybe feel like you're not super close with, I would definitely encourage you to take time to do something together; something where you can spend a lot of time together. Kyle & I got the chance to talk about things we had never talked about before and resolve some deep rooted issues that really needed to be talked out to further our relationship. And, we had a lot of time to figure each other out in a way we never had before. I felt like, before this trip, we kind of didn't know each other but I think after four days of non-stop time together, we finally do.

I could not have asked for a better, more fun, more rewarding Fall Break trip and I'm so glad I said, yes, to just buying the ticket this summer so I could go in the fall.

Best decision ever.






Photobucket

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I told you it be great! Yay for siblings!!