Thursday, October 11, 2012

A New Look & San Francisco

Helloooooo from The Geary Parkway Hotel in San Francisco, California.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First thing's first ... just in case you haven't noticed, I have a beautiful new blog design. I mean really, isn't it perfect? If you don't think so then I'm gonna need you to keep that to yourself because I'm totally in love.

I've had my blog designed two times before this & both times, I used the same colors & font style which I loved for the two years I had them but really, it's time for a change. Luckily, that's where the gorgeous, sweet little Carley came in to play. I left the design pretty much completely in her hands & as I expected, it turned out fabulous & I couldn't have come up with any better ideas myself. If you love my design as much as I do, check out her blog & email her. She's taking orders!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let's talk about how I'm in freaking California right now and I'm loving it.

At the end of the summer when my pockets were still chalk full of money from my summer job, I decided there was no better way to spend my Fall Break than to visit my brother in California & bought a couple tickets late one night to do just that. I love when I plan ahead like that. Brilliant. I would've never had the money to do this if I would've waited.

So last night, I arrived in San Francisco after two very long flights.

By the way? You gain a lot of time when flying to California from Indiana. I thought the two flights were going to take three hours but they took about five. I figured that out when I woke up from a little nap & asked the people next to me how long the flight was because I knew there was no way we should still be on that flight. So yeah, helpful hint? Check out time changes when you travel.

Kyle & I have never traveled together just he & I so this is a new experience but on a scale of one to ten? I'd say we're a twenty on the rockin' it scale. 

Luckily, we're alike in that neither of us are super touristy or want to have 20,000 plans on a trip. Actually, that kind of sounds like a special kind of hell to me. With that in mind, we knew we wanted to see Fisherman's Wharf, the seals & the bridge; not too much for a full day in one place. And, we did all those things & more with plenty of time in between for Starbucks trips, lots of photography, stopping in random boutiques & really, anything we felt drawn to do.

We ate good food, got amazing pictures & talked a lot .... today was the perfect kind of trip day.

We'll be up bright and early tomorrow morning for a 7 am hike under the bridge before we take the Pacific Coast Highway about seven hours to LA.

Sounds like perfect trip day number two, to me.








Follow me on Instagram for a photo overload ... alihendricks006

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your new design!
And those are some great pictures! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and spending time with your brother!