Sunday, October 2, 2011

An Apple a Day ...

For the past few years, my mom & I have made it a point to visit the apple orchard about 30 minutes from our house during the fall. 


The apple orchard we go to is huge and has lots of room to roam, a small brook, a pumpkin patch and a store. 




The store sells tons of apples of course, but also every other apple thing you could imagine, ice cream and fudge.



While we were there, I chose a big carmel apple with nuts and had it cut up so it would be easier to eat. I haven't decided if it ruined it or made it better. It almost seems like a right of passage to end up with sticky cheeks and hair after trying to fit way too much carmel apple in your mouth. It's still up in the air.


Saturday was the perfect day to visit the orchard complete with crisp wind and a sunny sky. 

Mom asked me if we can take my babies to the apple orchard together when I have them and if I'll promise to take her every fall.

My answer?

Absolutely. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pia said...

That place sounds wonderful! Perfect for fall. This is going to sound dumb, but sometimes I forget how delicious apples are. I'm really craving apples right now.