Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Happy Saturday, Everyone! 

It's only 4 o'clock & I feel like I've already had a very full day. I have had a very full day. 

I scheduled the final swim lessons for the summer for 9 o'clock this morning so we could get it out of the way early. I'm not going to lie, it was a little sad realizing I won't have anymore pool time this summer. At least throughout the week anyway. 

I hurried up & went to the Farmer's Market to see my friend Lauren & her boyfriend off to New Mexico after swim lessons. They're headed home because her internship is over here. That was also sad because even though she & I just met at the gym a little over a month ago, I feel like we are already really close. Luckily, she has a full time position here when she graduates in December so this isn't the last time I'll be seeing her.

After the Farmer's Market, Mom & I drove an hour and a half to see my grandpa in the nursing home. I've gone a few times this summer but oh my goodness I miss when he was just down the street & I could go everyday. Thank goodness, he was having a really good day. He drank the strawberry milkshake we took him, smiled a lot & we even understood some of what he said. 

Tonight, I'll finish the dreaded chore of packing my stuff up. The garage is 1/4 full and it's not even half of my stuff. Moving on Monday will be a challenge for sure! 

I hope your Saturday has been as fulfilling & productive as mine ... I'll leave you with a fabulous quote someone posted on Facebook today & some pictures from our visit with granddad.




Sometimes remembering to drink with the straw is hard.







Arm Wrestling brings Granddad alive. Yes, his eyes are closed but I definitely couldn't beat him. Even with his eyes closed.



---------------------------------------

If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.

If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. 

The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. 

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. 

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

---------------------------------------------

Love.
Photobucket

No comments: