Saturday, April 23, 2011

Love this day.

Really. I love Saturdays.

Saturdays are days that you don't have to get up early & you get to do whatever you want & you don't even have to think about going back to work/school the next day because you still have another day of the weekend! 

Saturdays are the best days of all. Next to Friday. Because the next day is Saturday.

Here's a little known fact about me: I sleep with my mom when I'm home most of the time.

It's just she & I living in this house (and my brother when he's home, which isn't often) and last summer as the time for me to go off to college drew nearer, things started miraculously appearing on my bed at night. 

When I get tired? I get tired.

There are few things I'm willing to do after I hit the sleepy wall & cleaning off a bed when I don't have to, is not one of them.

My mom knows that, so I'm pretty sure she planned it that way.

Anyway, I don't think I slept in my own bed the whole month before I went to school & things haven't changed when I come home. 

I rarely sleep in my own bed.

Last night she said, "Ali, can you sleep with me tonight so we don't have to mess up Kyle's bed? I just put new sheets on it & Ben (the kid who watches our dogs when she's traveling) is going to be sleeping there next week."

I sometimes sleep in my brother's bed. 

He's never home & it's much bigger than my twin. 

Plus I just like it.

I was like, "well yeah, but I have my own bed"

"I know", she said, "I just like you to sleep with me".

So I did. 

But she got up super early so at 8:45 I already felt like I had slept in way past when I should've because she'd been up so long so I got up too, but I'm glad I did!

It's 12:35 & I've already done homework, ran, showered, eaten breakfast & lunch & now I'm about to do my favorite thing ... Shop! 

Tomorrow will be a fun filled day of Church & family & food! 

I hope your Easter weekend is fabulous & your Saturday is just as worthy of your love as mine is!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Megan said...

That's so cute that you still sleep with your mom. :) You two have such a beautiful relationship.

And dang girl- you've been so productive today! And the afternoon's still young. Hope you have a fabulous day of shopping and a wonderful Easter!

Sunshine and Lavender said...

Have a very happy Easter!