Thursday, February 3, 2011

It's Time for an Intervention

Alright you guys, you know that thing called the Freshman 15? Well, its real. Its really, really real.

I don't think I've reached 15 yet, but I'm workin my way up, that's for sure. 

Tonight, I tried on a pair of my shorts from oh ... 5 months ago annndddd needless to say, they were snug. Like um .... I won't be wearing them because someone might vomit. 

I had seriously been trying to deny the fact that I was gaining weight, despite what the scale said. I mean really, I still look cute in pictures if I get in just the right position & I can still fit into my stretchy jeans. ... The other ones shrunk in the wash, obviously.

In my defense, it's really, really hard to eat healthy while living in a dorm. No stove, no oven & a refrigerator the size of a shoe-box makes making & storing healthy food a real challenge.

However, I'm done making excuses for myself. 

I don't feel good about myself the majority of the time & I certainly am not as cute as I was 4 years ago.

Oh yeah, that's something I haven't really discussed on here. I was virtually anorexic in 8th grade, but that's a whole other post in itself.

Here's the Reader's Digest version:

I was a size 2/4 and I remember being so happy that I got the flu because after it hit, I was a meager 126 lbs. I loved it. I loved the attention I got and how great I felt in everything I put on. 

I don't want to go back to the anorexic ways that I used to practice like spending hours on end at the gym & eating only broccoli and a piece of bread for dinner, but I would like to go back to some of the things I used to do like eating Tuna every day for lunch (such a great source of protein & low calories) and only eating sugar on Fridays. 

I've put on a good 30 pounds since the days of 126 pounds and I've gone up at least 2 3 sizes. Of course, my body has changed since 8th grade; my hips got wider, I got boobs & I dunno ... I got my period. But I think losing 15 pounds would be do-able.

It's time for a life-style change.

My old self would be disgusted with me now.

What are your favorite diet lifestyle-change tips?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Stephanie Lynne said...

Greek yogurt! It's yummy, low in fat (the fat it has is GOOD fat), and full of protein!

Ali said...

Great idea! .... the little things DO make a big difference!

Megan said...

I love this post because I'm in the same boat as you. I feel like I've been in denial for the past couple of years... Sure, I wanted to lose weight, but I was constantly making excuses for myself- I haven't gained THAT much weight. I don't look THAT bad. I can always lose the weight later. But no more of that! I love your ideas of only having sugar on Fridays and tuna happens to be one of my favorite snacks :)