Friday, July 16, 2010

Shopping Trip

Some of you may be aware, but the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is going on right now. Of course, I just had to be there.
One of my bestie friends, Nikki, & I headed up there last night in search of something lovely. (or, many lovely things in our case.) You can be sure though that we didn't just go to Nordstrom. First, we had to hit up Forever 21, Brookstone, Forever love & Victoria's Secret.
Here are some of the great finds of the night:

Brookstone n-a-p Blanket

nap-blankets_nap-cuddle-blanket.html.jpg


Ok, if you're a n-a-p blanket virgin, you need to run, not walk to Brookstone & purchase one of your own. I'm a blankey kinda girl. AKA: I cannot possibly fall asleep without a blanket up by my face & I can say that for me, this is going to be a staple. I got the one in the picture, the blue cuddle blanket, but I think I'm going to return it because it's a little small and I like to be immersed in the softness. The cuddle blanket would be perfect for a baby. The best part? They're on HUGE sale right now! Get one or seven.



Victoria's Secret Girl's Night Out Body Splash & the Bronzer Highlighter Trio

onlineProductDisplay.vs.jpg


This entire fragrance collection at VS, Secret Moments, is just delicious. All of the scents are light & fun, but this one is my favorite. Check them out next time you're in. Great for an anytime, definitely not wanting to over do it, occasion.

onlineProductDisplay.vs.jpg

The second thing I picked up at VS is this bronzer in Glitterati. I like a little bit of a sunkissed glow after my daily routine of tinted moisturizer evens me out & takes that away ... seems kinda silly now that I'm writing it but at any rate, this stuff is super pretty. At $14 a pop I felt like it was a little pricey but my Loreal from CVS is $14 too, & I don't buy bronzer but maybe once a year.


These three things are my favorite but I also got a couple shirts & a shirt & shorts for Drew. I always do this. If I just would've walked away from the men's department, I would've had a lot of money left over but of course I got sucked in & I think the brown plaid shorts & white alternative shirt I got will look great on him. I'm kinda secretly hoping they don't fit though so that I can return them when I go to Brookstone to return my blanket. Terrible? Probably.


Besides all of the glorious, compulsive shopping I did, I had a great time with Nikki. We were inseparable when we cheered together but now we're both big girls (kinda) & she has a real job so we don't get to hang out as much as I'd like to. There's no better way to catch up than over shopping trips, dinner & $7 dollar parking garage tickets, if ya ask me.





Nikki & I in the bathtub together at a cheerleading sleepover, naturally.


Ps. If you're looking for some awesome boot sales or Northface coats or pretty much anything designer, the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is your gig.

No comments: