Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Twenty One while Twenty One {Update}

I've been slacking on blogging for quite some time now, kind of on purpose and kind of not. I got really busy with photography and decided one of my "things" kind of had to go and the thing I liked lesser was blogging.

Blogging is weird. It can become quite the little competition; just like anything, I guess. And there were times I was blogging about stuff just to fit in. I was working hard to try to get followers and blah blah blah when really, the reason I started this little space was just to have a place to write. 

So that's kind of a long-winded way of saying, I'm only coming to this space to write when I actually want to, and only writing about things I actually want to write about.

One of the things I do actually want to write about is my twenty-one while twenty-one list which I started on the eve of my twenty-first birthday.

You can check out the list here.

Well, I've completed one and 1/21 of those things, and since I said I'd blog when I completed them, here we go ....

Number four on my list was visiting 21 cities (which is going to be really hard but I'm gonna give it my best shot).

 Last week, I visited Charleston, SC for the first time.




Everyone said I would just love the city. Well, my mom and I had a pretty good time and we took an awesome carriage ride through the city learning about all the city's history which is really important when you go to a city as rich with history as Charleston is. And I had a blast at my cousin's bachelorette party. But the city? ehhhh. I don't know. I need to go again. I didn't think the people were that nice and I really appreciate nice people - my mom said it's because we're yankees. I'm willing to give it another shot.

And number 16 on my list was to eat at a restaurant and leave a 100% tip.



This morning, I went over to a cute little diner by Butler and ate breakfast and left that 100% tip for my waitress - I kind of evesdropped & understand she's a single mom & she was super sweet so I figured she could probably use it. Selfishly, I wish I could have seen her face when she saw it - even though it was only $13.00 it was still about $11.50 more than I should've left.

So there you have it .... I'm 1 & 1/21 of the way finished with my to-do list for this birth year. 



Photobucket

1 comment:

The Gambrel Family said...

love that you left a 100% tip. i have no doubt she was super excited about it! glad you had fun on your trip, i loved seeing the pictures!