Friday, December 23, 2011

My Top 5.

I was talking to one of my friends the other day and asked him what her 5 favorite little things were. You know, the little things that make him really happy but don't cost any money?

Because I think about those things a lot. I think photography has really made me look at things more than I ever did before. I see things differently than ever before. And the little things make me happy.

At a time like this, Christmas, it's good to remember that not everything good costs money.

Sometimes, free things are better than anything I could buy. 
 
So I thought I'd share my top 5 favorite free, little things:
 
1. Driving with the windows down in the summer ... especially with good, loud music playing.
 
 
2. Planting flowers outside our house in the spring.
 
3. Rocking a sleeping baby.
 
 
4. Reading a book under a tree in the summer.
 
5. Laying in my driveway talking to friends on summer nights.
 
 
Okay so, it looks like it's obvious that summer makes me happiest of all but there are even times in the winter that my heart just bursts with happiness for the little things ... like a hot bath on a cold night. There ya go, you got an extra one.
What are your favorite little things?? I'd love to know. I think the happiest people are ones who take time to appreciate the little things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. What a lovely list of the simple things in life that make you happy. I'm with you on #1 and #4 :) Happy Holidays!

xoxo,
Noelani