Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm Showin You My Christmas!

Alright ya'll, I'm linking up to Show You My Christmas! 


I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! 

It was um, strange, around here. That's usually what happens when your dad decides to just not show up. You know. No big. Not like it was Christmas and he chose to spend it with his stupid girlfriend instead of his kids.

So, I spent a little of my Christmas backed up against the shower wall sobbing because yet again, things couldn't just be normal.

But then? Then? I soaked it up and decided that Christmas was what I made it. And I was going to make it a good one.

Okay, that's only half true ... I felt a lot better yesterday when it wasn't Christmas and it wasn't as big of a deal if people were assholes. 

And you know what else is awesome about Christmas?? The real meaning, Jesus' birth, can never be taken away from me. It's always there, it's always the same and it's always perfect. So, I kind of held on to that little thought all day.

Also, I got some pretty awesome gifts. And gifts always do a good job of cheering a girl up. 

I got a lot of really great things, most of which I picked out with a few surprises thrown in, but I'm just going to show you my two favorites. We still haven't opened with our dad so that could change things but I'm not quite sure when I'm going to want to do that, so it could be awhile. 

DRUMROLL .......


From Drew


From Momma

And of course a Christmas post wouldn't be complete without pictures from our day so here are just a few ... 


Another Favorite. I wanna be her.






My Loot.

I'm going to be sad to take down our Christmas decorations. I love the light. But I can't say I'll be sad to see Christmas go. I'm always excited to have it come and happy to scoot it out the door.

Now on to a fabulous 2012!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Tracy @ Honey and Nutmeg said...

What a wonderful Christmas!

honeyandnutmeg.blogspot.com

The Gambrel Family said...

Oh I love your purse and the watch is so pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the watch!

Did your brother get a Tom Tom? Pretty sure I got the exact same one!