Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fourth Time's the Charm!

It took 5 times, yes 5!, to get these family pictures done.

First, we had to reschedule because I thought I was going to be out of town.

 Our 2nd appointment just happened to be on the day I was super sick in June. We decided since we only have family pictures taken like every 10 years, we should do it when I wasn't sick. 

The 3rd & 4th time? It rained. 

I was seriously ready to give up.

My brother was frustrated because he didn't want to take the pictures in the first place & was super annoyed that he kept asking off work for something that kept not happening.

I was tired of getting ready for nothing.

I almost gave up until my friend passed away unexpectedly & I remembered how important things like this are & kept working to get it done.

We finally got the pictures taken last Saturday & it was an absolutely gorgeous day! 

We didn't do a bunch of poses or any outfit changes because I wanted everyone to be happy throughout the session & mostly just wanted a few shots of us together.

My brother ended up loving the photographer, Angie Jackson, & we got some great shots!

She's only shown us one so far because she's a little tease  & even though I definitely should've like moved my arm out & tilted my head down, I love the way my mom & brother look in it so I'm satisfied! 


I can't wait to see the rest! 

Photobucket

3 comments:

Brooke Stearns said...

who cares about you moving your arm.
this is an awesome picture. and you look pretty as ever! :)

Amanda said...

What an awesome picture!!! Pretty family you got yourself there :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture!!!

My family needs a new picture.. :)