Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What more could we want, right at this moment?


Yesterday was the first day I felt up to getting dressed, drying my hair, doin-the-do and actually going out. I got to go to lunch with two absolutely amazing girls, I made a trip to the craft store and I even got a massage last night.

All of those things were really great.

But it wasn't until late last night when my brother and I were sitting on the couch watching a movie, the lights were dimmed, the fireplace was lit, the dogs were asleep on the floor and mom was sorting through mail while watching the movie with us, that I took a look around, thought about how lucky we are to have all of these wonderful things and just the feeling of the holidays, warmth and togetherness that I said to mom,

"What more could we want, right at this moment?"

& that is a feeling that rarely happens and one that I'll always treasure in my heart because being content is one of the best feelings of all.

I hope that you have one many, many feelings like this one over the holidays because man, it's irreplaceable.

No comments: