Friday, July 19, 2013

Favorite Frugal Finds


I'm guilty of thinking the higher the priced item, the better the quality, but that's not always true. I'm working on learning and remembering that. It takes some time to figure out which things are worth the splurge & which things aren't, but luckily, I've started working on it & I have some things to share with you. You're welcome.

Elf Eyeliner Pencil: I know some people are all about the Elf products, but I have not found that they're all the best option. Actually, I bought like ten different makeup items from the Elf line about a month ago & the only one I really like is the eyeliner pencil. But, for $1, I could try out some things to find one I liked & I really think this is one Elf product you can save with. It has great color & it lasts all day with my Urban Decay primer underneath.


TJ Maxx Bras: Okay, I don't know about you but Victoria's Secret bras, despite being really pretty, are just not in my budget. What I should say is, I would rather spend that $60 on something else, like maybe something people actually see? If you have really large ta-tas or are looking for something special, maybe you should spend a little more at a lingerie retailer, but I have pretty average sized boobies & mostly, I just want something that will keep my girls perky & covered, if ya know what I'm sayin. I always find bras at TJ for between $5-$10 and I've really liked every single one I've gotten. This week, I got a Jessica Simpson brand bra for $10. Score.

H & M Jeans: I've always thought seven jeans look fabulous on people, but I've tried them on and they do not look fabulous on me. And for $200 they better make me look like freakin' JLo. Now, I do like a good pair of Lucky Brand jeans but I also like to have a lot of options and you know, having a lot of Lucky Brand options isn't in my budget either. What is in my budget are these H&M Super Skinny Super Low Jeans I got for $20.00 yesterday. These are going to be perfect to tuck into jeans in the fall & actually, I think they would look great with heels to go out in now. Of course, I know they will probably fade quickly so I'll be extra careful with that but shoot, I could buy like eight pairs of these before it added up to one pair of Lucky Brand jeans.


A high price doesn't always mean high quality, as much as I'd like to argue that, and as a college student, I have a budget to work with. Or, I should say ... I should have a budget to work with. I'm not very good at it. But, I'm working on it, so if you have a similar post with things I could save on, please leave a link to it, because Lord knows I need all the help I can get! 

Photobucket

No comments: