Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Premonitions

If you know me really well, you might know that my mom has pretty dead-on premonitions. It's something I think is equal parts terrifying and awesome so I usually tell people about it, especially when it happens.

The day before I was going to fly to California for Fall Break, I got a text from my mom who was in The Dominican Republic telling me she had just had a premonition and it was scary.

Let's be real here, I was ready to cancel my flight because I know how often her premonitions are right & really, it's not something I want to mess with.

Luckily, it wasn't about me but it was about a little boy she had met while on vacation.

A few days prior to her premonition, my mom & her boyfriend met a family with a little boy. She loves kids so it's not surprising she would remember him.

On this particular day, she was laying in a lounge chair by the pool with her eyes closed when she thought about the little boy and that his parents needed to get him out of the pool because something was about to happen. She didn't tell anyone though - something she should always, always do.

Just minutes later, she heard commotion & upon opening her eyes, saw the little boy had slipped out of the inner tube he was in & was on the bottom of the pool.

Luckily, the boy's parents noticed him gone quick enough & got him off the bottom of the pool but how weird?? How scary!

I was totally, completely shook up after that. I'm not sure why, but it gave me a bad case of the heebie jeebies.

My mom started having premonitions when she was thirteen - she knew before it happened that her best friend would die, she's predicted multiple car crashes & more.

Thankfully, these premonitions are not something she's passed down to me and it's certainly not something I would ever want to try to channel - too weird - but I'm kind of fascinated by it.

Have any of you ever had a premonition? I'd love to hear your stories.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How crazy! I can't help but wonder if she would have told the parents if they would have actually listened or just looked at her funny.. some people just don't understand that kind of stuff. I'm with you though, that kind of stuff fascinates me.

Unknown said...

that is so scary, but also really fascinating! sometimes i feel like i have "premonitions" and for a while i was having dreams that i couldn't understand, but later would surface in my real life. scares the shit out of me, i'll be completely honest.

couple months ago i had a dream my professor told me to leave class to be with "them" just like "they" were for me when my friend olivia died. all i remember about the dream is i was crying and knew someone died and i ended up at my cousin's house. literally six hours later, my cousin's good friend committed suicide.

to say i was a little shook up would be an understatement!