Monday, October 8, 2012

I'd throw a party if I could

You hear it over and over again, when something bad happens? That's when you find out who your friends are. But what I've found is that when something bad happens, you find out how many people really care about you & that's an amazing feeling.

Ever since I got knocked off my feet & sat right on my ass with the news of the abrupt end of what was a very, very long relationship, I've been overwhelmed by how amazing my friends are. 

New friends, old friends, they've all been awesome.

I did a trust fall without knowing it and there were all my girls, like 30 of them, right there to catch me.

There were girls who I knew would be there for me if something like this ever happened and they didn't disappoint but there were also some who I never expected to care who were checking in on me, asking how I was doing, saying they'd pray, and telling me to get my butt out of bed and go workout.

And now, when I can finally see some clarity in the situation and I'm finally starting to feel better, I'm realizing how blessed I am to have all these girls who care about me who I love right back. Blessed to have these girls who the majority of are still friends with him and who never said a bad thing about him but just continued on encouraging me; girls who have so much class.

So if you called or texted, if you listened to me say the same things over and over and over again for the last month and a half and never told me to shut up, if you saw me cry and told me it would be okay, if you spent the night so I wouldn't have to be alone, if you brought over wine or food & even if you just wrote on my Facebook wall to say you cared, thank you.

I feel so, so lucky to call all of you girls my friends and I'd throw you a party if I could. 

We're all in this thing we call life together & frankly, there's no one else I'd rather share it with.

Rock On.



Ps. When life throws you lemons? You better believe I'm going to be the first one there with the tequila just like you all were for me.







Photobucket

1 comment:

Tia said...

GREAT girlfriends are EVERYTHING!!!