Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Trip Part Two: Philly & Amanda

I left New York City on Saturday and took my first train ride ever to Philadelphia to meet Amanda for uh ... the first time ever. There were a lot of firsts ever on this trip.

Amanda & I met through blogging which is kind of odd to normal people but not odd at all to us bloggers. Somehow, I'm not exactly sure how, she & I became fast friends & have been chatting, IG'ing, talking on the phone .... you name it ... since I first started blogging.

Visiting her was kind of a no brainer when I found out I could take a train to Philly for less than fifty dollars.

I was not one bit nervous going to meet her. I knew it would feel like we'd known each other our whole lives & it did. By the end of the first night, we had found so many similarities between us it was just weird.

Her twins are some of the sweetest, most fun, well behaved three-and-a-half-year-olds ever & I loved waking up to their little feet hitting the ground every morning. Amanda was so fun to watch in her mommy role - the exact kind of mom I think I'll be and seriously wonderful at it.










And her husband? equally awesome. I mean, I don't know how many guys would be cool with their wife inviting someone to stay with her family that she had never met in real life but DG was. He welcomed me right in, just the same as Amanda. 

I couldn't have asked for a better family to stay with.

Amanda was an amazing host too - taking me on early Starbucks runs & making sure I was always content. Seriously, I got so lucky with Amanda & Addison on this trip.





She & I topped off the trip with a dinner together at Season's 52, a fabulous restaurant that just went in, in Indy as well and a lot of girl talk. It was the perfect ending to a great visit.

Visiting Amanda, although I knew we'd get along seamlessly & we did, was another big leap of faith. It's yet another thing that took a lot of guts and a little initiative that I'm so glad I did.

I think she & I will be life-long friends & I doubt this will be my last visit. After all, I simply refuse to let those babies grow up without seeing them again.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so sweet! okay, okay - when is our meet up going to be?!

Amanda said...

Yay! We loved having you and the kids now refer to my dressing as "Ali's room" hahah!

Hopefully you can make it a yearly ;)

Amanda said...

Also, I would like to specify that I don't have some random bed on the floor. We put that up especially for our little Ali...total class here, hah.