Monday, November 21, 2011

Finally.

I'm just gonna go ahead and tell you that I'm writing this post Sunday night and saving it for tomorrow morning. I'm not even gonna fake like I'm really writing this at 6 a.m. on a Monday morning because that's not happening & truth of the matter is, it never does.

Anyway, I spent the entire weekend working for a PR company here in Indy whose client is Farm Bureau. We shot the commercials where a person is sitting at a desk & says something like, "If I dropped my wedding ring down the drain, would insurance cover it? ... hmmm, I'm not sure, I think it would, but I'm knockin' on wood." Yeah, we shot those. It was pretty cool actually. We shot them in an empty store space in a local mall because we could get a lot of "real" people to do it. My job was to recruit people out of the mall to be in the commercials & be put in a drawing to win $1,000. As you probably expected, a lot of people said no or acted like they didn't hear me but some people actually did it. It was cool to see the entire set including green screen, hair & makeup, production team and more. It was just long. I mean 12 hours on Saturday & 7 on Sunday. Luckily, I got to work with a really sweet girl, Lauren, the whole time. So time went by pretty quickly.

Tonight, I'm finally home for Thanksgiving break. My mom has taken off the entire week so we can do fun things together & I'm completely ready to soak it up from the beauty appointments to the cooking. I'm excited.

In fact, I think I'll kick this break off with a hot bath as soon as I finish writing this.

But before I do that, I want to make a list of the simple little things I'm thankful for, the ones that are easily forgotten:

  • driving fast on the back roads.
  • country music on those back roads.
  • night jeep rides with the top down in the summer.
  • nights by the pool with my best friend in the summer.
  • times when it snows so hard I'm forced to stay home and love every minute of it.
  • the way the air smells on the first days of spring.
  • the feeling of driving with the windows down for the first time all year.
  • the feeling I get when I'm surrounded by good friends and I get overwhelmed by life's goodness.
  • laughing.
  • the way I feel when I know kids I'm babysitting are having a really great time.
  • hot baths.
  • fires in the fireplace.
I could go on for days about things I'm thankful for but tonight, I'm thankful for the simple things like being home with my family for Thanksgiving.

Wishing you a fabulous Monday ....




No comments: