Friday, September 10, 2010

Jewels

I wear the same three pieces of jewelry every day & each piece has a special meaning. So special in fact, that I'd like the share them with you.


This ring was my nana's, and she wore it every day. I always loved her silver jewelry and one time, when I was little, I asked her if I could have it when she didn't want it anymore. I got it a couple days before she passed away & I told her that I would never take it off. I've only taken it off for cheerleading & sometimes, swimming. My mom begged me to leave both of these rings at home when I left for college but I just couldn't part with them, they're part of me. Most of the time, this one sits on my left ring finger, reminding me of nana daily.


This is also ring was also my nana's, but I never saw her wear it. This ring was in a small baggie, along with the previous one. It was my great grandma's ring, but I don't know much beyond that. I get a lot of compliments on it, but although it is probably worth more than the other one, it doesn't mean as much to me as the all silver one because I never saw her wear it.


For my 18th birthday, my mom wanted me to get something that I could keep for a long time. Since I had the rings, and I lose earrings easily, we decided that a watch would be the perfect gift. Mom & I went to Nordstom and picked this Marc Jacobs watch out together. It's white, and I wear it almost every day so it's pretty dirty, but to me it's still beautiful & it goes with everything.

Do you have a story about your jewelry or special pieces that you wear every day?

No comments: