Monday, August 9, 2010

Five down, One more to go! Makeover Monday

I think last week I told you all about the 5K I plan on running in two weeks. & this week, I've actually stuck to running! I'm so proud of myself! Drew & I had so much fun running together last week but I knew I'd have to start today running on my own. Trust me, it's harder when you don't have someone counting on you to be there & get running. I did it though & I ran farther today than we had been running together! I successfully completed 2 miles in the blistering hot sun!

Of course, I still have another mile to tack on the end, (which doesn't seem like a lot but really is) but I'm proud of myself for sticking with running & for getting better everyday!

All of my running paid off when I stepped on the scaled today & weighed a pretty 150.5.

Except honestly, weight is not my issue anymore. Of course, I'd love to be lighter & I believe that if I keep working as hard as I have been I will get there, but it's not my main goal. Like I said last week, running just makes me feel so good about myself & I'm really more concerned with meeting my goal of 3.1 miles & with feeling good about how I look than the numbers on the scale.

Also last week, I saw my therapist. I think I told you about that too. WOW! I never know how bad I really need to be there until I sit down & start bawling before she even says Hi. Needless to say, I refilled my anxiety medicine & am doing small things like the teapot breathing method (which I'll write about later) and I think I'm feeling a lot better. I guess we'll find out when I go see her again on Wednesday.

My eating? eeehhhhh not so good. I think I've made peace with the fact that I love food & although I have to watch it ... like using light miracle whip instead of mayo ... I'm not going to refuse myself a handful of M&M's if I really want them. I'd rather work off an extra 300 calories than not what I want.

Hopefully next week I will have 30 minutes of running mastered :)

No comments: