Sunday, August 15, 2010

The best friend a girl can have


In honor of the fact that I'm moving out of the house and going to college tomorrow, I thought I would write a post about my best friend; the one I'm most sad about leaving.

This best friend I'm talking about? She's my mom.

I havent taken the time to brag on her in any of my posts yet and seriously, it's long overdue. She's the most fabulously amazing, generous, selfless, beautiful woman I have ever met. Did I mention that she's amazing?

This summer has probably been (I'm speaking for her) one of the most trying times of her life.

If all she had to do was to help Granddad and try to sell his houses and pay his bills and take him to doctors visits and go over to the facility and calm him when he's gotten out of wack, she might be okay but that's not it. I also have a cousin who has special needs and doesn't have a mom around so my mom is hers too. She talks to her multiple times a day, gets her groceries and helps her with anything else she might need.

That's not all.

She has my brother and I too. Granted we're 18 and 21 but still, we need our mama. We have a house and doggies. They need their mama too. She has a boyfriend & a need for a social life.

Oh yeah? And she works full time as a Parts Market Leader at Cummins. Only the head of the Mining Industry for Cummins in the U.S.

No Big.

I don't know how she does it, but she does. This summer she has broken a few times but mostly, she's strong. She keeps on truckin right through what feels like carrying loads on your back in 90 degree weather. She's amazing.

And if all of this isn't enough, she's the mama who lets me sleep with her anytime I want. She's the mama that doesn't ever miss an event. She's the mama who still loves us, sings with me in the car and takes the time to remind me that no matter how much is on her plate? She will always be there anytime I need her because I'm her first priority.

I'm gonna miss her.

I'm gonna miss sleeping in her bed, which I've been doing lately because my room has been to much of a sty to sleep in. I'm gonna miss going on evening walks and her trying to hold my hand even when sometimes? I'd rather not. I'm going to miss her forcing me to tell her what's wrong, because she knows even when I'm putting on my best act. I'm gonna miss her still tucking me in at 18, still knowing where all of my stuff is when I can't find it & still saying, "come sit on my lap" when I'm just as big as she is. I'm gonna miss bringing new friends over and them leaving & saying, "wow, you and your mom are so close." Yeah we are.

I won't be far though and I will come home & she will come see me and no matter how old I get, she will always be my best friend.

i love you mama.

No comments: